Inkling Wins 11 2021 HCM Excellence Awards from Brandon Hall Group
Inkling Implementations by CHRISTUS Health, Little Caesars, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, and Taco Bell Honored for Innovation in Learning
Aug 25, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO — August 25, 2021 — Inkling, a global leader in digital learning solutions, today announced that it won 11 coveted 2021 Brandon Hall Group Human Capital Management (HCM) Excellence Awards, in collaboration with its customers. Inkling customer implementations garnered two gold, four silver and five bronze awards in the “Excellence in Learning” category in this annual program, which recognizes organizations with cutting-edge HCM solution deployments that achieve superior and measurable results.
This year’s Inkling customer award winners shared several common themes in their best practices and strategies. They all had to overcome very substantial obstacles and adapt their learning and technology strategies to successfully address them. Each customer had to discover how to drive more agility and speed in their digital learning transformation journeys to keep up with rapidly changing business conditions, while at the same time creating engaging training content to accelerate learner adoption. Inkling’s flexible technology helped them meet their training needs in a highly volatile and unpredictable business environment, demonstrating the essence of “learning at workspeed.”
“COVID-19 forced organizations of all types to pivot quickly and reinvent their businesses in order to keep their employees and customers safe. Inkling customers were bold enough to reimagine their operational knowledge and training programs with our digital learning platform, and were able to keep employees up-to-date on current policies, allowing their businesses to be more agile throughout the pandemic,” said Inkling CEO Jeff Carr. “We are honored to be named as one of the top winners by earning 11 Brandon Hall Group HCM Excellence Awards jointly with our customers, and we want to congratulate Christus Health, Little Caesars, Popeyes, and Taco Bell for their awards and innovative work in the area of digital learning.”
Inkling and its customers earned the Brandon Hall Group honors across multiple categories of learning for the following projects:
- Best Advance in Creating a Learning Strategy – Gold – “CHRISTUS Health Modernizes Learning Strategy with Digital Content and a Netflix Like Experience for a New Generation of Learners”
- Best Advance in Creating an Extended Enterprise Learning Program – Silver “CHRISTUS Strikes a Healthy Balance of Centralized Control and Decentralized Content in Expanding Healthcare System”
- Best Advance in Learning Technology Implementation – Bronze – “CHRISTUS Turns to Rapid, Digital Learning Content Publishing to Drive Consistency in Volatile Healthcare Market”
- Best Advance in Creating a Learning Strategy – Gold – “Modern, Digital Learning Strategy Drives High Performance at Little Caesars”
- Best Advance in Creating an Extended Enterprise Learning Program – Silver – “Driving High Performance for Franchisees with a New Digital Learning Strategy at Little Caesars”
- Best Advance in Learning Technology Implementation – Bronze – “PIE Training App Rollout Makes Making Pizza Pies Consistent and Delicious for Little Caesars”
- Best Results of a Learning Program – Bronze – “Little Caesars Sees Lower Turnover, Lower Costs, Higher Revenues with New Digital Learning Program”
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Best Advance in Custom Content – Bronze – “Popeyes Global Digital Transformation”
- Best Advance in Creating a Learning Strategy – Silver – “Creating Strategic Agility at Taco Bell with a Modern Learning Strategy”
- Best Advance in Creating an Extended Enterprise Learning Program – Silver – “Leveraging Modern, Operational Learning to Drive Extended Enterprise Value with Independent Franchise Owners”
- Best Results of a Learning Program – Bronze – “Driving Real Business Impact Through Better Learning at Taco Bell”
“Brandon Hall Group Excellence Awards in 2021 provide much-needed and well-deserved recognition to organizations that went above and beyond to support their stakeholders during the unprecedented disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Rachel Cooke, Brandon Hall Group COO, and leader of the HCM Excellence Awards Program. “The awards provide validation of best practices in all areas of HCM at a time when they have never been more important to employers, employees, and customers.”
Entries were evaluated by a panel of veteran, independent senior industry experts, Brandon Hall Group analysts, and executives based upon these criteria: fit the need, design of the program, functionality, innovation, and overall measurable benefits.
Excellence Award winners are scheduled to be honored at Brandon Hall Group’s HCM Excellence Conference, February 1-3, 2022, at the Hilton West Palm Beach, Florida. Select winners will also serve as presenters in breakout sessions, sharing their leading practices during the conference.
“We added several award categories this year to specifically address critical needs, including how organizations addressed the new dynamics of work and embedded the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in their HCM practices,” Brandon Hall Group CEO Mike Cooke said. “Winning organizations in all categories demonstrated a people-centric approach while driving superior business results under challenging and unprecedented conditions. Demonstrating HCM’s impact on the business is what sets our awards apart.”
Inkling is a leading, global, modern learning platform designed for today’s learners and today’s work. The company delivers your most critical knowledge to your people in the flow of work, anytime, anywhere, and on any device. With easy content authoring, simplified learning paths, a modern learning experience, and meaningful insights, Inkling’s modern operational learning platform delivers learning flawlessly and with simplicity. Named a Hot Vendor™ and Leader in Strategy for Learning by Aragon Research and a Training Industry Top 20™ Training Delivery Company, Inkling also has earned several Excellence in Technology and Human Capital Management and Innovation awards from Brandon Hall Group. Leading brands trust Inkling to help them efficiently onboard employees, ensure continued performance enablement, and successfully execute corporate initiatives while providing new levels of visibility into critical operating metrics. Founded in 2009, Inkling is based in San Francisco.
For more information about Inkling, visit www.inkling.com.
About Brandon Hall Group
Brandon Hall Group operates the largest and longest-running awards program in Human Capital Management. As an independent HCM research and analyst firm, they conduct studies in Learning and Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Talent Acquisition, and HR/Workforce Management. These benchmark studies help organizations by providing strategic insights for executives and practitioners responsible for growth and business results.
Coupling the research studies with the best practice from the awards, Brandon Hall Group has helped more than 10,000 clients globally and more than 28 years of delivering world-class research and advisory. At the core of our offerings is a membership program that combines research, benchmarking, and unlimited access to data and analysts. Membership enables executives and practitioners to make the right decisions about people, processes, and systems, coalesced with analyst advisory services which aim to put the research into action in a way that is practical and efficient.
Brandon Hall Group has also launched professional certifications for business and human capital management professionals to upskill themselves and gain credentials for career advancement. (www.brandonhall.com)
Erin Bocherer, for Inkling 678-294-2258, email@example.com